The Waterloo Youth Hockey Association is committed to providing the opportunity for young athletes to participate in youth hockey at all levels. Our endowment scholarship program has been designed to provide annual funds to be awarded to help ease the financial obligations of playing. Scholarships may be awarded to an applicant who fills out the application form and provides the required information. All applications and information collected will be kept strictly confidential and will only be used for the determination of recipients.
The awarded Scholarship amounts will vary from year to year. No guarantee of financial assistance is implied by the completion of this application. Awarded scholarships may vary depending on availability of funds and individual circumstances.
1. Athletes must be a member of the Waterloo Youth Hockey Association Program.
2. Athletes must have no balance from prior WYHA dues or other events.
3. Athletes must be in good standing with the WYHA, MWAHA and USA Hockey.
4. Athletes must be committed to participate for the complete season of which they are applying for.
5. Parent(s) / Guardian(s) must be committed to volunteer for events, committees, or other capacity.
6. Application must be completed, legible, accurate and turned in by the deadline.
Send completed applications to:
The WYHA is a 501(c) Non-profit organization that provides ice hockey instruction and league play in the Cedar Valley. This program is designed to help young individuals develop as athletes, leaders, and members of the community through a competitive hockey program that emphasizes excellence, commitment, discipline, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Our goal is to have every participant, whether it is a coach, player, or parent have the opportunity to improve their knowledge of the game of hockey and still experience the enjoyment the game provides.
To make a tax deductible donation to the Jr. Hawk Scholarship Fund please click the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa Foundation link below.